You are about to make a very important decision.
Pets & People ideally wants permanent, loving homes for our dogs. Please consider whether you are willing and able to make this commitment before adopting one of our great animals. Thank you.
Canine adoption fee $120
Pet adoption fee includes
• Heart worm test (negative result)
Since we rescue from kill-shelters, we have very little information about most of our pets. For this reason, we offer a 7-day foster adopt program. Take any pet home for up to 7 days and if it doesn’t work out, receive a full refund of the adoption fee. The pet may be exchanged at no additional cost up to 30 days.
Before adopting, ask yourself these questions:
- To get an idea how long a pet’s lifetime may be, consider how old you will be 15 years from now.
- How many times do you think you might move in the next 15 years? Are you willing to move the pet too and restrict your choice of housing to places where pets are allowed?
- What major changes might happen in your life in the next 15 years? Marriage? Children?
- Are you willing to continue spending the time, energy and money to care for your pet when taking on new responsibilities like marriage, children or a new job?
- If you’re getting a pet for children you have now, how old will they be in 15 years? Will you still want this pet after the kids have grown up and moved out?
- Have you previously owned a pet that you “had to get rid of?” If so, what happened to it? What will you do differently with this pet to prevent it going the way your previous pet did?
How Long is a Lifetime?
Most dogs, with good care, can live to be 10 – 15 years or more.
Our dogs deserve the very best you can give. Questions provided by The American Humane Association.